Finally here! My summertime recipe for spinach and artichoke dip. I usually only make this when I am in New York at the lake during vacation because Wegman's is the only store that sells the ingredients that make this dip taste just right. Below are the instructions and a rough estimate of the ingredients. Since I never write any of my recipes down this might not be the exact way I make it every time but if you use the best ingredients you can find and bake it until it bubbles you can probably get it to come out perfectly!
2 jars of marinated quartered artichoke hearts
2 - 3 vine ripe tomatoes roughly chopped (depending on their size)
1/2 red onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 jars of Italian style shredded parmesan cheese
2 boxes of frozen chopped spinach
1.5 cups of mayonnaise (roughly)
1/2 cup of cream cheese
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°
2. Defrost packages of chopped spinach
3. While those are defrosting saute your tomatoes, garlic and onion in the olive
oil and add salt and pepper to taste
4. When the spinach is defrosted you need to put it in a kitchen towell
(one that you don't mind if it gets stained a light green color) and squeeze out
all of the liquid - it is very important to NOT SKIP THIS STEP because if there
is too much liquid in the mixture it will not cook out it will make the dip
very soupy and mushy (we don't want that!)
5. Once you have drained all the liquid place the spinach in a bowl
6. Add the marinated artichoke hearts along with their liquid
to the tomato, onion and garlic mixture and cook for about 2 minutes
7. Add the tomato, onion and garlic mixture to the spinach once the onion
is softened and translucent
8. Add your cheese (but save about 1/4 cup for the top), mayonnaise and cream cheese
9. Stir the mixture together until it is all combined
10. Put in a baking tin and add remaining cheese to the top.
The in I used was probably just 10" around but it doesn't really matter
what one you use as long at your mixture isn't more that 2" thick.
Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes and take out and serve when it is warm and bubbly!