Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Favorites

Sorry its been a while since anything new has been posted. Over the Memorial Day weekend I stayed at home taking care of the cats and watering plants while my family was out of town. I didn't do any cooking there but I did eat some fabulous food that I picked up at the grocery store. This new store recently opened up in the city and it was my first chance to check it out - I fell in love! The Sunflower Market has an amazing selection of grains, breads, produce, fish and meats and to say I was in heaven would be an understatement. What I picked up though was a roasted chicken, some Greek and Italian olives from the olive bar, marinated bocconcini, almond crackers and the BEST honey mustard in the world. When I got home I put it all on a plate and just ate it with my hands. The sweet yet tangy olives with the creamy mozzarella and some roasted chicken dipped in the honey mustard was the perfect late afternoon lunch on the back patio in the sun. Needless to say I had a good weekend. I have a whole list of recipes I want to try so one will be up soon! In the meantime here are a few things brightening up my Friday:

 [sparkling water can be such a simple pleasure]

 [honestly the best honey mustard you can buy]

[my new favorite crackers - gluten free and no trans fat]

No comments: